TOASTED HAZELNUT PRALINE BALLS
Recipe By @tracybakesketoIngredients:
- 1 tbls high quality cocoa powder
- 1 tbls powdered sweetener
- 1 tbls sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbls water
- 1 tbls butter
- a handful of hazelnuts
- 100g Vitawerx Milk Chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Toast the hazelnuts in a dry pan until golden and fragrant. Roll in a tea towel to remove the husks and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan combine cocoa powder, sweetener, sugar free maple syrup, water and butter and simmer until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Pour into half ball silicone moulds, and gently press a whole hazelnut into the centre. Place n the fridge or freezer to set.
- Roughly chop the rest of the toasted hazelnuts.
- Melt together the Vitawerx Milk Chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on a low temperature until combined.
- Turn out the half ball silicone mould and use some of the melted Vitawerx to join the two halves together like glue.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to the rest of the melted chocolate mixture and thoroughly coat the balls in the nutty chocolate mixture forming a thick delicious crust.
- Allow to set in the fridge on wax paper. Once set, store in an airtight container.