THUMBPRINT SHORTBREAD BISCUITS
Recipe By @tracybakesketo
- Vitawerx Milk Chocolate
- Vitawerx White Chocolate
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup powdered allulose
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Melt Vitawerx Chocolate and mixed with 60ml of fresh cream.
- Preheat oven to 160C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder.
- To make powdered allulose blitz in a bullet blender until fine.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with powdered allulose until well combined and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until well incorporated. Add macadamia nuts and mix in.
- Form dough into balls and place apart on prepared baking sheet. Press the balls to flatten them, then using your thumb or a spoon, press an indentation into the middle of each biscuit.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just barely browning around the edges. Gently reform the indent with a spoon while biscuits are still warm. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, bake again in a 70C oven for about an hour to dry the biscuits giving them an extra crunch and again allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled, fill the indent with whatever delicious Vitawerx filling you can imagine.