CHOC COATED SUGAR FREE MARSHMALLOWS
Recipe By @tracybakesketoCHOC COATED SUGAR FREE MARSHMALLOWS INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup water (1)
- 1/2 water (2)
- 2 1/2 tbsp gelatine
- 2/3 cup powdered granulated sweetener
- 2/3 cup Allulose sweetener
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 20cm cake pan with baking paper and lightly grease the paper.
- Pour the first half cup of water into the bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Let stand while preparing the syrup.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining water, the sweeteners, the cream of tartar, and the salt. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sweeteners.
- Using a candy thermometer bring the syrup to 237F to 240F. Remove from heat.
- Turn the stand mixer with a whisk attachment on low and slowly pour the hot syrup down the side of the bowl. Once all of the syrup is mixed in, add the vanilla. Turn the stand mixer to medium high and beat until the mixture is lukewarm, thickened and white. This can take 5 to 15 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Let set for 4 to 6 hours, until the top is no longer sticky to the touch.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and cut to the desired size. Let the marshmallows sit for a day exposed to the air to dry out a bit, before coating them in melted Vitawerx chocolate then store in an airtight container.